Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Neighborhood Saga




There's someone like me near you. Just saunter down the tree-lined street and turn the corner. I'm that someone living in the house across the road, one much like your own.

Today is my birthday and I thought this would be a good day to start another blog. I've got a couple of other blogs but this one will be a bit more personal.

My friend Lynda just dropped me off. She was nice enough to take me out for a birthday breakfast.

Now, I'm back and sitting in front of my computer munching Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.

Munching helps me think.

Doesn't it you?

It doesn't!

What helps you think, smoking? One stick after another? How about tugging on your ear or scratching your head. Something must get your thought processes going.

Well, let me get back to Lynda; she's a dear friend but, I must say she, and her daughter [who's name is also Lynda] is a real piece of work.

Don't get me wrong, she's the type of person, that once you get to know her, she'd give you the shirt off her back. The problem is getting to know her.

Bobbsie- Lyns [Lynda and Lynda] have secrets. I mean deep-dark-inquiring-minds want to know secrets.

I know, I know, all people have secrets but, these two would have Mrs. Fletcher or Magnum P.I. getting out their shovels and magnifying glasses.

It seems that Lynda Jr. was/is married. What's surprise me, and everyone else who knows them, is that Lynda Sr. says she didn't know her daughter was married.

Come on!

How does a Mother not know her child is married?

Jr. says she's been married for about ten years. She hasn't live with her husband for the past six. Now she wants to divorce him. Seems he's living with another woman and wants to marry her.

Pretty cut and dry right?

Now, comes the sneaky part. Lynda and Lynda I mean.

Sr. called me and wanted me to sign an affidavit stating that I had seen Jr's. soon to be ex. over at the house. They want to show that they were a real married couple. Meaning they've been living together as man and wife.

I've never seen the man! Sr. said "yes you have" I said "no I haven't" Sr. "yes you have" me, "no I haven't". It got started to get ugly.

I'd remember if I had seen the man before. She wanted me to lie. Sr. knew darn well I'd never laid eyes on that man.

Jr. says her soon to be ex. promised to pay her alimony for the rest of her life. She also wants half of his retirement. She claims that they wrote up a document four years ago stating he would follow through with these promises. She says that they went before the notary and had this alleged document notarized.

When it came time to go to court a few weeks ago, Jrs. lawyers didn't file this notarized document with the court. So of course she didn't get what she claims was promised.

To shorten this new saga, Jr. fired two lawyers and is now representing herself. She's going to court next week.

There will be more to this story and when I feel like untangling their web of intrigue again, I'll write more.

Till then, look for me, I'll be walking the dog or raking the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say HI! :)